Monday, November 5, 2012

Don't Paint Your Nails While On Sleeping Pills!

For those of you who don't know, I have trouble sleeping just about every night, so I recently started taking sleeping pills. They helped a little, so I decided that maybe a little drink at night would help some more. It works I sleep great..... but sometimes I don't remember things. :) And sometimes I paint my nails and have no knowledge of it in the morning. The other night this happened to me. I find it even funnier then usual because I guess I thought they looked really good so I took some pictures.... Yeh not so good lol.
 
 I have no idea how many coats I used, but the base coat is Spoiled "Tip Your Waitress" I vaguely remember starting this mani, but I remember using the other color as the base... not sure what happened lol
 The darker purple is W7 "Metallic Mercury"
 Gotta love the "great" clean up job I did. These are the nails I woke up to, and the photos were time stamped 1:30am. I took my pill around 10:30... so yeh I guess I had a fun night, I also topped it off with eating some cookies and milk :) I was able to piece most of the night together from looking at the aftermath. I had cotton balls and brushes all over.
 
All in all I did like the look of this mani, so I decided to re-do it with out a sleeping pill in my system :)
 
I used 2 coats of Spoiled "Tip Your Waitress" which is one of my favorite hot pinks :) It's a great formula and the it is opaque in almost 1 coat.
(please excuse the tip wear)
 
 After the pink I used a coat of Northern Lights and then waited a few minutes to make sure they were all dry. I then used striping tape to create the "V" shape on my nails.
 Using W7 "Metallic Mercury" I painted two coats inside the striping tape.
 After I removed the tape I finished up with a coat of Seche Vite
 
Bonus Pictures
 I also found these photos on my camera the morning after lol. They are nice shots of "Metallic Mercury" If you look at the bottom on the bottle you can see the color shift.
I think this is a great color and the formula is great to work with.
 
Well thanks for reading and I'll let you know if I wake up with any more surprise nails :)
 
As a quick note I just want to mention that I do not abuse drugs in anyway. I do have horrible sleeping issues and I am still trying to find what works for me. I would never ever take my medication and drink unless I was safe and at home, and I do not drink in excess, I have one Malibu and coke. I just wanted to say this because I know the thoughts that can go through peoples heads. I know that I seem to joke a lot in this post, but I know that I was at home and that I was safe. It was scary the first night I woke up and couldn't remember going to bed.... ok I think I've gotten my point across, or at least I hope I have.
 
Thank you for reading and please be safe no matter what your doing. Oh and please keep your eye out, I will be posting a giveaway shortly :) Thanks!

5 comments:

  1. That is the funniest thing!!!! I take some medication that doesn't go well with alcohol too - but my guilty drunken pleasure is cooking. And then I have no memory of it in the morning - just dirty dishes LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. My boyfriend has a similarly awful time sleeping. His secret trick is 10 mg of melatonin about 30 minutes before the sleeping pill, and then laying down right after the sleeping pill, and he's out in 15 minutes or so. I don't know if you've tried that or not, but I thought I'd pass it along. And I think the redone mani is super cute. The end. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exactly the same thing happened to me! I blogged about it here, http://polishpixelpig.blogspot.se/2011/01/scary-manicure-story.html I wasn't as brave as you mentioning the sleeping pill and alcohol. I have cooked in my sleep as well a couple of times.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It doesn't even have to include the alchohol!!! I used to take Ambien to help me sleep. In the beginning of when I started to take it, if I didn't go to bed pretty quickly after I took it....I would stay up and do things with NO recollection at all of the things I did.
    What really got me was one morning I woke up and the computer was still on Best Buy's website and several different things, including a new fancy printer, were in the shopping cart. I asked my husband WHAT he was doing wanting to buy those things because we had recently just bought a new printer among the other things. He then told me that it was ME that was doing the shopping and NO AMOUNT of convincing on his part could get me to stop! I couldn't remember the credit card number so he told me that he would take care of finishing buying the stuff while I went to lie down. He left it all up on the computer so he would finally have proof of the things I did, but didn't remember!
    It's really scary to think that you're doing things that you can't recall at all!!! I actually stopped taking the medication for a while because I was concerned that I might try to drive somewhere, get lost and fall asleep in the car ( and it was winter in Iowa where it can get below zero at times!!)
    I'm more used to it now, so I haven't done anything like that in a while....although when I overbuy on nail polish, I think about using the Ambien excuse, but I don't think he'd believe that knowing how much I LOVE polish and buy it all the time!
    I just wanted you to know that you're not alone and it doesn't take the alcohol to make it happen!

    Donna

    ReplyDelete

Please leave any comments or questions you may have. I can also be reached at ravensekhmet@gmail.com